Studio & Retail Assistant – Summer Position
An exciting opportunity exists for casual studio and retail Assistant to join Nerida Hansen Fabrics, a fast-growing online fabrics retailer based in Torquay, Victoria. You will be working as part of our retail and online team in an entry-level position, helping out with online orders and assisting us with the smooth opening and operating of our new showroom.
We are looking for someone who doesn’t shy away from a challenge & is open to constantly learning. You will be curious & customer-obsessed always working to ensure you are creating an amazing experience for our customers entering the showroom. You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and do something different for the day if that’s what’s required.
We require a studio and retail assistant who will focus their attention on:
- Cutting and packing online orders
- Assisting our wholesale manager with sorting and packing of wholesale orders.
- Assisting with the sorting and inventory management of fabric remnants.
- Helping sort and tidy stock for our online store and retail showroom.
- Providing exceptional service to our showroom visitors. (Saturday hours are required).
- Assisting with Ad hoc studio duties as required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in our fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working as part of a small team, but also thrive working autonomously and can manage your own time and workload.
- You enjoy collaborating with other areas of the business to improve the customer experience.
- You are a strong communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Genuine attention to detail and highly organised
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new programs quickly.
Highly Sought-After Skills
- Experience with retail POS Systems including loading and managing inventory
- Orders and returns processing.
- Sewing knowledge and experience.
This role is offered for an initial 3-month period at our headquarters in Torquay, Victoria with a view to ongoing work. Approximately 30 hours will be on a casual basis including Saturdays. Retail award applies.
How to apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply now by emailing your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter must indicate how your past experience relates to the required position. Opportunity for the role to commence immediately!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications will be held in strict confidence.